Little Mr. Ashton is doing great. He just turned two last month. (The picture to the right is him telling us he is "two"!) He is growing SO fast- in ALL ways. His v
ocabulary is exploding, his energy is 5 times ours, and he just gets more and more independent every day. He is so darn cute, sometimes we just sit and stare at him, wondering how in the world we would do it without him. One day we were sitting together and I felt the baby move; of course, I wanted Ashton to feel this.... I told Ashton to put his hand on my belly and he was hav
ing none of that. He isn't one to hold anything anywhere for longer than 2 seconds! So, I told him just to watch for the baby to kick. *Lol* He saw the baby move and was so excited that since then he'll come up to me and want me to pull up my shirt so he can "see it?". Sometimes he'll give my belly a hug, other times he'll push on it (a little too hard... *ha!*). It's fun to see his little brain crank over some of the things we tell him. For the most part he is super quick. Grammy gave him a Leap Frog alphabet toy for his birthday and boy is he sharp! He is already pointing out A's, B's, and C's on signs on the street or anything else he can find. We love watching him make little discoveries. It's so fun!
~~~
Brent is doing great as well. He is however going NUTS waiting for all of the law schools to get back to him... He calls me every day asking if I have a second to go and get the mail. I have determined that I am bad luck, though. I have never gotten anything out of the ma
ilbox that was useful! Just bills and such that, needless to say, is less than what we both want to find in our little box. We have gotten a few answers- the best of which was an acceptance to Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington. We are both super excited about it. I'm so proud of him! He is currently finishing up his "Plan B" (alternative to a thesis) paper so he can tur
n it in March 3rd to his committee. They will then send it back to him after a few days or so, so that he can make several revisions. Apparently this happens a few times until, finally, it gets printed and bound- exciting!!! He is also taking two other classes that require a final paper... Needless to say he's a busy one! At church, he is also Ward Clerk, helping out the Bishopric. He enjoys his duties there and somehow always manages to have enough energy and time for us here at home. He is such a great daddy and husband.
~~~
As for myself, the past several months have brought a lot of change. I am now in my 3rd trimester and am lov
ing it. My doctor and nurses were fabulous at getting our insurance to pay for the ever expensive "Zofran" that has kept me from losing all subsequent meals. Can we say miracle drug?? When I started taking it I was taking 8mg, 3 times a day... then later things got a little better to where I only had to take it twice... and now I am down to 1/2 (4 mg) a pill every day! Hooray! It has saved my sanity and I am sure the rest of my family's as well! *Lol* I love that I can actually function as a mother and wife. I can't believe the difference it makes. Other than just regular pregnancy blahs-
things have been somewhat uneventful!
I say somewhat because we managed to have a small mishap landing me in the Instacare and eventually the opthamologist's office... Ashton accidentally gouged my right eye. The poor kid felt so bad!! Immediately after it happened he ran to my side and said, "K? K?". Sweet thing. The opthamologist said that he gouged off a large portion of my retina and also managed to gouge another part of the retina so that there was a little flap. "So THAT'S why it killed every time I moved my eye-- let alone blinked!!!" After a few days of being blind and useless- things got a lot better with a contact lens from the Doc., covering the injured portions and thus letting me open my eyes. Aaahhhh... The blessings of modern medicine!!
***This is what my eye looked like. It isn't my eye exactly, but the doctor pulled this picture up and said that this is exactly where my gouge was and how big it was. (The green area is the injured part.) They put the dye in your eye and can see all the scratches and injuries just by shining a 'black light' on it.***
Well, now that I have written a BOOK - I think I will finish by sending our love to all of you. We love and appreciate your support and friendship. Thanks for being a part of our lives!!!
Love always, Brent, Kira and Ashton Haslam
~~~
Brent is doing great as well. He is however going NUTS waiting for all of the law schools to get back to him... He calls me every day asking if I have a second to go and get the mail. I have determined that I am bad luck, though. I have never gotten anything out of the ma
~~~
As for myself, the past several months have brought a lot of change. I am now in my 3rd trimester and am lov
I say somewhat because we managed to have a small mishap landing me in the Instacare and eventually the opthamologist's office... Ashton accidentally gouged my right eye. The poor kid felt so bad!! Immediately after it happened he ran to my side and said, "K? K?". Sweet thing. The opthamologist said that he gouged off a large portion of my retina and also managed to gouge another part of the retina so that there was a little flap. "So THAT'S why it killed every time I moved my eye-- let alone blinked!!!" After a few days of being blind and useless- things got a lot better with a contact lens from the Doc., covering the injured portions and thus letting me open my eyes. Aaahhhh... The blessings of modern medicine!!
***This is what my eye looked like. It isn't my eye exactly, but the doctor pulled this picture up and said that this is exactly where my gouge was and how big it was. (The green area is the injured part.) They put the dye in your eye and can see all the scratches and injuries just by shining a 'black light' on it.***Love always, Brent, Kira and Ashton Haslam
No comments:
Post a Comment