About Me

My photo
3 boyz and a little lady. ;) Living life in the fast lane of familyhood. Brent's currently at Gonzaga University in the Law program while I am home with the kidlets. We love our crazy life! Read up on our adventures!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Times a flyin!

I can't believe we've been here for almost 3 years!  I can't believe we're almost there.  It truly is more bitter than sweet thought, however.  I love Spokane.  We all do.  The ONLY downfall is the distance from family.  Which, truly, wins over all. ;)  We love the many parks and family friendly activities surrounding the area, we love that there is a temple nearby, we love the members of the church here who treat us like family, we love our cute little home... I could go on and on!  Really, I could.

Thinking about post-graduation actually makes me get all anxious and not in an excited way.  It gives me anxiety!  Where are we going to live?  Ashton starts kindergarten next year~ I hope we live in a place with a good school... Where is Brent going to have a job?  IS he going to have a job?  How are we going to pay back student loans and live at the same time?  My mind goes racing along the multiple tracks of problems and possible solutions.  One thing that I do know for sure though is that the Lord will not lead us astray.  He has always done us right.  I just need to continue to pray for patience and faith.  It will all work out... :)

Well, the past week has been FULL of grapes.  I have finally decided to try my hand at harvesting our grape vines and canning the crops.  It is so exciting for me to do something SO domestic!  I feel a special "I'm doing what my grandma used to do" feeling as I am filling each jar.  I know that sounds silly, but it's true!  I love the smell that fills the house as well-- Mmmm cooked fruit always smells divine.  Tomorrow I am setting out to clip more grapes from the vines since I have already used up 2 whole boxes full!  I have posted a few pictures of the adventures of Kira and the Grapes of ... the back yard...?... on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/kiradot.  Just look under "mobile uploads".  ;)

Ashton is now in the full swing of preschool things~ 4 days a week.  He loves it and entering the doors of his school brings a smile to his face every single time.  I love that.  I know he is in a good environment there.  What a reassuring thing!  He truly is nurtured there.  One of these days I want to sit in and just watch so I can learn a few things about being a better mother!  His teachers seem to always say the perfectly right things to the kiddos and I know I could learn a few things. :) 

Brigham and I have grown closer while Ashton has been in school.  It has been fun to hang out with him at home and on the go.  I think he likes the extra attention and mom time as well.  He is such a good kid.  He loves his brothers and is learning new things each day.  I love the way he is talking now~ wow that kid picks things up super quick!  Just like most two-year-olds, he's too smart and innovative for his own good!  Many a messes have been made because he simply was exploring or just playing around.  He's a handful at times, but we love him all the more for it.

Kimball now sits to look at the world around him and from what I can tell, he loves what he sees.  He loves bouncing in his jonny-jump-up, too.  He even bounces when he is not in it!!  He is a very happy baby and loves to see his family.  He gets so excited when he gets attention from any of us, and we love it.  Ashton is very good at calming him down and making him laugh.  It is so fun to watch Kimball interact with both his brothers.  He watches them so closely and loves them so much. :)  He is at such a fun age!

Brent and I still strive to get out once a week together despite his crazy schedule.  We love the one on one time with each other then and after the kids go to bed.  I am so lucky to have such a great person in my life.  He loves spending time with the kiddos and they love playing the "running game" (running from across the house to him and knocking him over) and the "light game" (turning off all the lights and having glowing bracelets and necklaces while we dance to crazy music) and Super Mario Brothers with him on the Wii.  Brent is such a great daddy and how one can really tell is when he is gone... because the kids CONSTANTLY ask for him!  They anxiously await his arrival every day.

Well, it's off to bed for me! Thanks for reading! ;) :)

1 comment:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Thanks for the update, gald all is well:)

Followers