About Me

My photo
3 boyz and a little lady. ;) Living life in the fast lane of familyhood. Brent's currently at Gonzaga University in the Law program while I am home with the kidlets. We love our crazy life! Read up on our adventures!

Monday, June 1, 2009

OUR LITTLE MUNCHKIN

Well, I'm finally updating the blog for all you bloggers out there. Sorry it has taken so long- but moving AND having a baby (and having a two year old...) takes its share of a LOT of time! :) LOL
Speaking of moving, we move this Saturday! Crazy huh?
I'll get back to this subject in a minute though....
Little Brigham Romney Haslam came at 2:22 AM on May 7, 2009. My epidural didn't work like I had hoped, but he was worth it anyhow. :) Unfortunately, Brigham also had a few complications and ended up being rushed to the NICU with breathing problems. I only got to touch his little cheek before they took him away. Brent and the grandparents were able to go and see him in the NICU while I decided to pass out on the bed for a well-deserved (and not entirely optional) nap! Later on that day I was finally awake enough to go down and feed the little tyke. It was weird that I hadn't held him yet and I wondered if I'd be able to "bond" with him. Call me crazy, but I just didn't feel that connected with him since he was rushed away so quickly... I soon realized though, that there wasn't any reason to worry. Brent and I connected quite easily with little Brigham- oxygen cords and all. ;)My mom took Ashton for a couple days while we were still in the hospital and ended up BACK in the ER down in Salt Lake. It turned out Ashton had developed pneumonia and was having trouble breathing (not to mention his fever and vomiting)... I felt so sad that I couldn't make both of my little boys better! But on the flip side, I realized (with a little bit of help ;) from Lynda, my dad's wife) that this was the best time for this to happen: 1) He was with my mom, who is a pediatric nurse of all things! She would know how to care for him. And all the other grandparents could help out too! 2) Gratefully this didn't happen a week sooner (We all would have been sick), or a week later (Brigham could've gotten sick- and with breathing problems as it was, that would not have been good!) or even a month later when we didn't have any family help because we were all alone up in Washington! Needless to say, despite the bad news, we still had a lot to be grateful for!(Ashton and Reed fell asleep together.... aw!)
Later on that same day, a little miracle was sent our way when we found out that Brigham was off of oxygen and had been for a few hours. He was doing well enough to go to the normal baby nursery! This, of course, also meant that he could come into my room with us! YAAAY!
Curently, everyone is healthy and we are enjoying as much of the daylight as we can get (seeing that Brent and I take as many naps as we can fit in!)!
As for moving? Well, we are about done packing up all of our beloved belongings. Brent and I are SO ready to be done! It is a little crazy being in limbo, if you know what I mean. We are also excited to see our home again! We haven't seen it since we put in the offer, so it will be a nice little reunion. Ha ha! We head out on the 6th, like I said, THIS Saturday. Yikes! So soon. It's hard to believe we will be Washington residents and not Utah residents anymore. Crazy crazy... I'll have to update you all when things slow down... Wait... Will they? lol

No comments:

Followers