Well, surprise surprise! We are still alive! Tee hee. Sorry it has been so long since we have written in. Here is an update!
We now live in Spokane, Washington and have for 3 months (to the day). Brent is going to Gonzaga Law School up here and we absolutely love the city. It is such an outdoor/ family oriented community. Lots of parks, hiking trails, lakes, etc etc. It ALMOST makes up for being away from family. :) We have really been welcomed by our ward and have many new friends here (phew! what a relief!). We even have a group of friends we play soccer with every Tuesday and Thursday. It's a blast.
Brent is doing well in school and getting the hang of things (I knew it wouldn't take long!). He has already completed his first class (through an elective early start program). Now he is into a full fall semester schedule. It's busy but hey, we knew that going in, right? He gets up and is at school by 7 and home by 6-ish. He treats it like a job, really. It's nice to truly have him home when he is home. :)
I am having a blast with my kids at home. Yes, it is crazy at times... but when is it not crazy with kids around? :) I love gardening and keeping up the yard. We just got a new (well, new to us! It's used...) swing set that is a blast to watch Ashton play on. I have a few friends that come over and play with their kids too- it's great! As for a creative outlet, I am currently tackling the task of sewing some curtains, among other things. I always have to be doing something else! :) It's a great life being a mom!
Ashton is growing so quickly. Every time I turn around he has learned something else. He is so observant and picks up on anything anyone says. His new favorite thing to say is "Don't talk to me that, Mom!". From the famous parental words "Don't talk to me like that"... Sometimes it is too cute not to laugh! (Key word being "sometimes") I absolutely love it when he mimics Brent in saying I'm pretty, "Ooh, pretty mom! That's pretty!" or when he says, "Sass Sawesome!" (That's Awesome). Too cute. We are in the beginning stages of potty training (ugh) and can't seem to get him excited about it no matter what I try. Oh well, patience is a virtue!
Brigham is also growing super fast. He will be 4 months tomorrow. Crazy! He is honestly a little Ashton clone as far as looks are concerned. His newborn hair has fallen out and its growing in bright blonde. :) His eyelashes are getting super long too. He loves his big brother (despite the beatings) and loves his thumb. I love that he has started to laugh when I tickle him. It is so fun to see him get a little personality. He is such a good baby. We think he will be a bit more layed back than Ashton, but of course things could change! I'll tell you one thing for certain: we are going to have our hands full when these boys turn 16! That if for sure!
Hope you are all doing well. We love and miss you all! Oh, and if you ever need a getaway- you are all welcome!! (Just not at the same time!!!)
We wish you all the best,
Kira, Brent, Ashton and Brigham (or "Gigham" as Ashton says :D)
No comments:
Post a Comment