About Me

My photo
3 boyz and a little lady. ;) Living life in the fast lane of familyhood. Brent's currently at Gonzaga University in the Law program while I am home with the kidlets. We love our crazy life! Read up on our adventures!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

We have had quite the week! We are now glad to report that all are healthy and well again. Brigham gave us quite the scare!! "Why?", you may ask? Here's the story:

The Friday before last, I realized Brigham had an unusual cough. I called his doctor, thinking it would be a good idea to get him in before the weekend, you know, just in case. Well, after everything was checked (and of course, he didn't cough AT ALL during the appointment) she said he sounded fine and since he didn't have a fever, he probably just had a cold. Reassured that everything would be ok, we packed up and headed home. Of course, later that night- what does Brigham have?? A fever... Great... I knew I wasn't crazy! Brigham was sick. He was so ornery and uncomfortable all weekend, poor kid. Little did I know that on Monday morning it would be diagnosed as H1N1 at another doctor's appointment. Yeah, we weren't too happy about that. That possibility had not entered my mind at ALL! The good thing is that they were able to compare his weight from Friday's appointment. They saw that he had almost lost 2 pounts and suggested that he be taken to the hospital for an IV. Needless to say, I spent all day Monday in the hospital with Brigham. It was quite the experience. I say "I" because Brent had so drop me off at the hospital while he took Ashton home. Ashton actually came down with a fever while we were sitting in the doctor's office! I was SO happy that Brent didn't have school on Monday. I wouldn't have been able to do everything on my own (not that he would have let me... but It was just an added blessing!)!
So the remainder of the week, Brent was trying to catch up on studying he should have done Monday and then studying for a paper and midterm on top of that... and I was taking care of two sick kids and trying NOT to catch the flu from both of them. Ashton luckily took to the tamiflu pretty well, so it wasn't too bad. I am just glad this week is over, to say the least!

This week we look forward to having my mom and step-dad and sisters come to visit us!! We are very excited! It is sure to beat last weeks fun-- 10 fold!!! We are also going to be hosting a Halloween Costume Party on Saturday. :) Ashton is going as Lightning McQueen and Brent as his Pit Crew Chief, and Brigham as Pooh Bear and me as his Honey ("Hunny") pot. Should be interesting! :):) Hopefully I'll get my act together and post some pictures on our blog. (thehaslamfam.blogspot.com)
We love you all and wish you a Happy and HEALTHY Halloween!!!
Oh, and you are all invited to our costume party!!! :) lol
Love, Kira and the Boyz
The nurse giving him the IV did so well, he didn't even flinch!! He sure loved his new "toy" though!! :)After he fell asleep while we were watching "National Treasure".

No comments:

Followers