About Me

My photo
3 boyz and a little lady. ;) Living life in the fast lane of familyhood. Brent's currently at Gonzaga University in the Law program while I am home with the kidlets. We love our crazy life! Read up on our adventures!

Monday, June 7, 2010

I now have my eye on you....

This week has been quite the "eye opener" or "closer"....  (ha ha) 

Last Saturday as Brent and I were finishing up things in the yard (So fun! I love working in the yard!) I noticed that my right eye was giving me just a small bit of pain and grief again.  For those of you who don't know, Ashton gouged my eye 1 1/2 ago and it has had a tough time healing ever since.  [What happens is the eye forms new skin/ "epithelium" to heal wounds, but sometimes it has a hard time regrowing the anchors that hold that new skin to the old underneath.  It can attach in some places, but over time it can just come off and kind of slide around like loose carpet.  Causing severe pain and, well... Brent to have to do everything for me!]  Well, I called in on Monday and made an appointment for the soonest they could get me in (Wednesday morning).  The Lord truly does know us and know what we (will) need because on Tuesday morning (2am) I had another severe episode (as described above).  Poor Brent had to take time off of his newly acquired internship to take me to the doctor only to have them say I needed surgery that afternoon!  Surprise!!  Brent thought his boss would give him a lecture for missing most the day, but we were both grateful to find out she was extremely understanding.  Phew! 

Apparently, my surgery was quite like lasik surgery only they didn't reshape my cornea at all.  They scraped off a bunch of the old "epithelium" that wasn't adhering and then used the laser to polish the face of my eye.   It was quite odd to be awake and having to keep my eye steady as they poked at it... I even saw the part of the eye they took off.  That was no small layer of epithelium either!!!  Not the most comfortable thing in the world- even though I was numb.  It just wierded me out a little, call me strange!  :)  Following all the invasive stuff, they gave me a bandage contact to put over top so that I could blink without severe pain.  You wouldn't think that your eye lid could really cause that much pain, but oh boy!  Ha ha!   My doctor gave me a prescription for Vicadin, Ambien among 4 different types of eye drops and sent me home to sleep.  This was at 5pm.... I slept 'til 8:30 the next morning!  Thank Heavens for my sweet husband braving the kids all by his lonesome! :) 

Apparently I needed to learn to be thankful for my eyesight the last year and a half... and if that was the goal- it worked!!! :)  I truly am grateful for the beauty around us and being able to experience it first hand.  What a blessing it is to see!! What a blessing it is to not be in pain as well!!  I also found an even deeper appreciation for the Priesthood in my home, the calm reassurance that comes with those blessings, and the ones who give them. 

Now, 4 days later, I feel as good as new!  I can't believe how great I feel.  Isn't Heavenly Father great?! 

I better get to bed.  Thanks for reading!
Love you all!

Kira Anne =)

www.yourperfectpictures.com 
(^a little something I just started^)

No comments:

Followers