About Me

My photo
3 boyz and a little lady. ;) Living life in the fast lane of familyhood. Brent's currently at Gonzaga University in the Law program while I am home with the kidlets. We love our crazy life! Read up on our adventures!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Well, I suppose it's about time for an update on the Haslam fam.  We didn't get Christmas cards out this year, so if this is a little bit longer than usual-- you'll understand why.

It's now 2011 and things are still quite hectic and busy- but whose life isn't?? ;)  Brent has returned back to school and has had quite the cushy week.  It has been nice to ease into things a bit- especially because the last part of last semester was horrendous!  It's been great to have him around the house and be in school at the same time. :)  Don't worry, I won't get too used to it! :) Ha ha  Brent got his final grades from last semester about a week ago and we had a fun night out to "celebrate".  3 semesters down- 3 to go!  He is now, however, contemplating an LLM (basically a Masters in a certain type of law) if some internship/job opportunities don't work out. An LLM would take another year (gasp!), but would be so worth it.  We'll keep you posted on that, but until then, we are waiting to hear from a company that Brent interviewed with over the Christmas break.  ....  Apparently the bossman doesn't get in from out of town until Tuesday.  Ugh, waiting is so FUN! :)

I am doing great as well.  26 weeks pregnant and can't believe the inconveniences I am feeling already... and I have a ways to go! :)  Luckily I have caught the nesting bug and have done a lot around the house that usually doesn't get done when I am pregnant.  The Lord truly has blessed us this pregnancy.  I haven't been too sick at all!!  Just the few weeks of being sick a while back, but NOTHING like it usually is.  It is a miracle.  At first I thought I must be having a girl because everything was so incredibly different (sick-wise), but alas, we are having another BOY!  Ha ha.  Which just affirms to us even stronger that the Lord is looking out for us in every way possible.  We have decided to name the little tyke Kimball Call Haslam.  Many stories behind this name:  President Kimball (obviously), and also my great great grandpa (on my mom's side), Hosea Cushing, is an adopted son of Heber C. Kimball.  He is actually buried in Heber C. Kimball's small family cemetery behind the Kimball Apartments directly east of the Conference Center in SL.  Call is also a family name from my mom's side.  You might have heard of Anson Call (he was frequently used by Brigham Young to begin new settlements in the Intermountain West.)  Can't tell we like family or church history can you?  Nah.

Ashton will be turning 4 on the 21st (THIS Friday! Yikes!)... Wow, time sure does fly!  Which also means that my dad's knee will be turning 4 three days following!  ha ha If it weren't so close, I surely would NOT remember that fun detail.  :)  Ashton is so excited for his "Cars" birthday party, he can hardly stand it.  He is so sad that Nixon can't come, but understands he's "too far away".  He is talking so incredibly well now I can't believe it.  He also understands just about everything we say (even when we aren't talking to him!). Where did my little boy go??  He is in a preschool co-op that my friends and I started and he loves that.  Not sure how much he is learning, but he loves the interaction.  Ha ha

 Brigham is running around doing everything Ashton does.  It is so sweet to see Ashton actually treat him nicely once and a while.  He is a great big brother.  Sharing is an issue for both of them, but hey, kids will be kids!  Brigham is go-go-go 24/7.  He keeps us on the edge of our seats whether we like it or not.  In fact, Brent and I were trying to relax a little after church today and had quite the time trying to do so... "Brigham, get off the table... Brigham, we need to be soft to the dog... Brigham, don't feed the dog Ashton's food (Ashton was in the bathroom)...  Brigham, please don't climb over the couch....  Brigham please be soft with the (plastic) hammer..."  etc. etc.  One of the tactics we have come up with is simply bungee-cording the chairs around the table so he doesn't fall off it (of course after everything on it has also fallen to the ground).  Of course, we've child locked the cupboards, but he has his ways around those at times too.  He is talking very well for his age as well.  It is so fun to see his little mind pick up on things. :)  We love our boys!!
Overall, we are extremely grateful for everything that we have.  Thank YOU for your love and support- we love seeing you all when we can and can feel your love even when we can't.
May the Lord bless and keep you all,
~Brent, Kira, Ashton and Brigham (and Kimball)
"The Haslam Fam". :)

1 comment:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Thanks for the update. I am glad you are doing well and congrats on the another BOY!

Followers