About Me

My photo
3 boyz and a little lady. ;) Living life in the fast lane of familyhood. Brent's currently at Gonzaga University in the Law program while I am home with the kidlets. We love our crazy life! Read up on our adventures!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

RATATOUILLE!!!! Oh so yummy!

Okay, so this is actually the "Ratatouille" from the movie- not the traditional dish recipe. Just to clarify. :)

Here is what I did. ( I modified the recipe a tad-  I will post the website where I got the orig. from at the end)

Ingredients:
-1 zucchini
-1 yellow squash (Come to find out, it works best if they are both about the same size around. I improvised though and  put two side by side zucchini slices instead of one big one...)
-1 clove garlic
-3- 4 roma tomatoes
-Thyme (dried is what I used)
-Salt, pepper
-minced onion flakes
-2 Tbsp. olive oil
-1 1/2 qt. baking dish  (or there abouts)
-parchment paper

Preheat oven to 375* F.
Cut one roma tomato into fourths.  Put in blender for 20-30 seconds until well blended.  Poor into baking dish and spread evenly.
Wash zucchini, squash and remaining roma tomatoes and slice thinly.  I didn't do anything fancy, just cut them.  If you have a slicer, great! If not, no worries. Don't stress about getting everything perfect.
Start laying your zucchini and squash over the tomato puree in an alternating pattern.  Once you come to the end of your outside circle, tuck the last slice under your first slice and then continue with the middle.
Take your roma tomato slices and tuck them in every so often.  I did it about every 4-5 slices or so.
Mince your clove of garlic and sprinkle evenly over top.
Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper ( I say generous because I am not one to put salt on things very often... I think I went over mine twice with each).  Also sprinkle your onion flakes and thyme over the dish.
Poor olive oil over top.
 Take your parchment paper and trace the bottom of your baking dish.  Place parchment paper on top of your ratatouille and bake for 45- 55 minutes.  Enjoy!! :)

Here is the origional recipe's link.  I don't think I EVER follow a recipe 100%... Call me a rogue recipe cooker! =)
http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/07/rat-a-too-ee-for-you-ee/

Ratatouille!!

No comments:

Followers